Off the Needles
- Garret- has since requested, white, green, red and blue
For all of these stuffed animals- the eyes/noses came from 6060 on Etsy.
- Pattern: Smooth Operator Socks by Susan B Anderson
- Needles: US 1.5 (2.5 mm)
- Yarn: Regia Arnie & Carlos line Color #02459
- Too short. Have to rip back. Should have tried on before decreasing for toe
- Check out the details in my project page linked above.
- If you’re interested in test knitting after this is tech edited, please reach out to me via email at downcellarstudio at gmail.com
On the Needles
- OMG Heel Sock Pattern
- US 1.5 Needles
- Yarn: Knitterly Things Vesper Sock Spring Sonata Colorway
- First sock is done!
- Yarn: Legacy Fiber Arts in the Steel Toes base. Colorway: Sue Says So
- Needles: US 1.5 for ribbing and US 2 for body
- Pattern: None. Cast on 56 with US 1.5 needles. Switch to US 2 after ribbing. Knit one inch then increased to 60 stitches. Planning to knit these about 15 inches long for Riley who is 8 years old.
- Pattern: OMG heel by Megan Williams
- Yarn: Wild Hare Fiber Studio Pinnacle Fingering in Hope Colorway
- Needles- US 1 (2.25mm)
From the Armchair
- Mekamika Shop- YouTube Podcast Hosted by Shamika.
- Phoebe’s Fall Podcast
- In the Dark Podcast
- Accused: The Unsolved murder of Elizabeth Andes
- Up and Vanished
Knitting in Passing
In My Travels
Dan and I traveled to Sarasota, FL for a conference I attend through work. This year I received the company’s 2016 Voalte Innovation Award which was an honor.
- Get your copy before 11/30 for half price $2.50. No coupon code needed. On 12/1, the price will go up to the normal price of $5.00
- October 1st-November 30, 2016 (deadline extended)
- Knit any pattern by Melanie Berg (No WIPs allowed)
- 7 Podcasts Participating- each will offer prizes, you are welcome to enter in each group’s thread. Knitting Butterflies, Actually Knitting, Prairie Girls Knit & Spin, In a Sknit & Commuter Knitter Podcast, Knitmore Girls
- We are also working with 3 Indie Dyers for this KAL.Sun Valley Fibers, Lollipop Yarns & One Twisted Tree: beautiful yarns and kits. Check them out.
- $30 Gift Certificate to Sun Valley Fibers
- 600 yard, 5 color tweedy gradient kit from Quaere Fibre
- Skein of yarn (winner chooses base & color way) from Octopus Yarns
- Wondering what this crazy KAL is? Check out this page which gives you the best overview with all necessary links.
- Check out the Rules but if you still have questions, come over to the Questions thread and ask. We’re happy to help.
- Put your Name on the Roster then claim your spot in the End Zone Dance Thread
- Continue to update this with all of the points you earn during the KAL
- Check out our amazing sponsors.
- Find the coupons here.
- Some of our Pro Shop Level Sponsors will be creating exclusive items for Pigskin Party participants. They may come out at different times and will likely be limited in quantities, so keep your eyes on this Exclusive Items thread in the group for all the latest news
- Scope out the prizes!
- Don’t forget to use #DCSPigskinParty2016 on Instagram so we check out what you’re doing and you can be eligible for participation prizes.
- Want to make sure you know the latest news about the Interceptions, swaps and other fun challenges throughout the Pigskin Party? Stay tuned to the Sidelines Games thread in the Ravelry Group.
Thank you to our Pro Shop Sponsors!
- Berry Colorful Yarnings
- Bijou Basin Ranch
- Daizie Knits
- Fair Winds Farm
- Fiber Nymph Dye Works
- Knit Life Designs
- Knitcircus Yarns
- Knitters Brewing Company
- Knitty Kitty Bags
- Lilliput Yarn
- Media Peruana Designs
- One Geek To Craft Them All
- Pearl and Plum
- Plum Deluxe Tea
- Prairie Bag Works
- Sun Valley Fibers
- Sunsoaked Yarns
- The Yarn Sellar
- Yarn Geek Fibers
- Big Bad Berg-a-long will run as an Interception. Oct 1-Nov 30
- Berry Colorful Yarnings– Self-Striping Interception- November 1- November 30
- Need ideas: check out this Bundle: http://www.ravelry.com/bundles/self-striping-not-socks
- Chat Thread
- FO Thread
- I announced a new Interception- WIPs Interception.
- Dying to finish some WIPs that you started before 9/8 when this party started, but still want them to count for Pigskin Party 2016? Now’s the time! The WIPs Interception is finally here.
- Rules are posted in the Chat Thread and the FO Thread.
- Please post any/all questions in the Questions Thread.
* $30 gift certificate to Knitters Brewing Company* DubbleBubble Sock Kit by Knitters Brewing Company* A set of Inversibles (Bounce fingering weight base – two 200-yard skeins) from Fibernymph Dye Works* $25 Gift Certificate to Beautiful Syster (Project bag maker) on Etsy* A pattern of the winner’s choice from Knit Knight Designs* A pattern of winner’s choice from Brenda Castiel* A pattern of winner’s choice from Wendy Gaal of Knitters Brewing Company
- Vogue Knitting Live- NYC January 13-15, 2017
On a Happy Note
- Meeting anne at knitting group- didn’t realize she lived so close. Test knit my Emelyn Mae got to see that in person.
- Bag sent by Beautiful Syster : looks a lot like this one
- 5 year journal: I selected The Happiness Project One-Sentence Journal: A Five Year Record by Gretchen Rubin
- Making butternut squash soup. Comfort food without a lot of calories. Roast butternut squash, onions, carrots. Can add other veggies. Added veg stock into oven so didn’t have to dirty another pan. left in oven at lowered temp. Immersion blender to blend up. 1 sp per serving (from the stock).
- Cousins visiting from FL