Thank you for tuning in to Episode 113 of the Down Cellar Studio Podcast. This week’s segments included:
- On the Needles
- From the Armchair
- In my Travels
- KAL News
- Contest, News & Notes
- Life in Focus
- On a Happy Note
- Quote of the Week
On the Needles
- Needles: US 3 (3.25 mmm)
- Yarn: Ellen Cooper. Jenny base- 50/50 bamboo/cotton. Colorway is called Driftwood which is perfect for it- tans, grays, blips of peachy/pink. Variegated but almost tonal. Just enough variation for me.
- Pattern: Donner by Elizabeth Doherty
- Hook: F
- Yarn: Swift Yarns- Swift Bliss Sock- MCN- 2 ply in Dream Weaver Colorway- light green
- Pattern: Amma Granny Square Top by Maria Valles
- Modification- using a solid granny square pattern found here
- Pattern: Waveless Colorful Granny by CherylDeeCrochet (free)
- Hook: D (3.25 mm)
- Yarn: leftover angering weight scraps
- Pattern: Christmas Stockings to Knit and Crochet from Family Circle Magazine
- Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Red, Everglade Heather and White
- Hook: F (3.75 mm)
- Patons Kroy Stripes in Mexicali Stripes and Singin the blues stripes
- Pattern: OMG Heel by Megan Williams
- Needles: US 1.5 (2.5 mm)
I ripped out my Caesious Curl by Hunter Hammersen. Loved the stitch pattern but the shawl was too small w/ just 1 skein of fingering.
I’m excited to make all the spring/summer tops. I bought yarn for the Construction Zone at Maryland Sheep and Wool.
I’m also excited to look through all my WIPs to strategize for Stash Dash!
From the Armchair
- Audiobook- Julian Barnes- The Sense of an Ending
- Nerdette Podcast: Episode Breaking Yoga Stereotypes With Jessamyn Stanley
In My Travels
- I talked about my trip to visit friends and attend the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival
- Friday night we went to the Knot House in Frederick.
- Saturday highlights: shopping, podcaster meet up!!
- It was great to see Mary (Kino Knits)
- Lovely to meet Kay (Bede Sisters Podcast and Blueberry Chick Yarn)
- Click here to find about more about this KAL.
- Check out: Chat Thread & FO Thread
- Finish 1 project during each/all of the 12 months of 2017 that you plan to gift for the 2017 holidays. Post 1 item (max) per month of the year. Prizes will be drawn randomly throughout the year from all posts in the FO thread.
- Declare a WIP from 2016 or earlier within the first 5 days of the month, posting a photo of it in the thread. Finish the project by the end of the month, update your post with your FO photo and you’ll be eligible to win a Ravelry downloadable pattern of your choosing up to $8.
- Questions Thread
- Sponsor List
- Prize Thread
- Pre-Swim Chat Thread in the Ravelry Group
- Exclusive Products for Splash Pad Participants
Pro Shop Sponsors
- Atelier de Soyun
- Blueberry Chick Yarn
- Colorful Eclectic
- Designs of Acadia
- Dragonfly Fibers
- Fibernymph Dye Works
- Infinite Twist
- Jennifer Lassonde Designs
- Knit Style Yarns
- Knitcircus Yarns
- Knitters Brewing Company
- Knitty kitty Bags
- One Geek to Craft Them All
- Pearl and Plum
- Plum Deluxe Tea
- Prairie Bag Works
- Skeindalous Yarns
- Sunsoaked yarns
- The Periwinkle Sheep
- Wooly Wonka Fibers
Snack Shack Sponsors
- Daizie Knits
- Imagined Landscapes Designs
- Jenn Sheelen
- Kino Knits
- Kitchen Counter Crafter
- MarigoldJen Hand Dyed Yarns
- MediaPeruana Designs
- Remade By Hand Designs
- She Is Sew Whimsical
- Sunny Shoppe
- The Martini Knitter Company
- The Worsted Purl
- V Yarn
- Windswept Designs
- Zombody Knits
- RI Fiber Festival: May 20, 2017
- Long Island Fleece & Fiber Fair– May 20 & 21, 2017
- Massachusetts Sheep and Wool: May 27 & 28, 2017
- Adirondack Wool and Arts Festival: September 23 & 24
- VT Sheep and Wool: September 30 & October 1, 2017
- World Wide Knit In Public Day; June 10, 2017
Virtual Events I’m looking forward to:
- Stash Dash KAL – hosted by the Knit Girllls Podcast. Starts May 26th.
- Around Your Neck KAL hosted by the Suburban Stitcher Podcast
- PAL KAL hosted by the Actually Knitting Podcast
- Batter Up KAL hosted by the In a Sknit Podcast
Contests News and Notes
Come over to the group to this thread to enter to win a copy of the Merrain MKAL pattern from Mary of Kino Knits. Tune in to hear about a coupon code available for this pattern until 6/15/17.
Life in Focus
May Happiness Project: Try new tastes
- Spaghetti Squash: pierced it 10-15 times. Baked at 350 for about an hour. Easy!
- Siggi peach yogurt
- Protein shakes
- Blue Diamond almonds with Wasabi and Soy Sauce
- Trying to get in more protein after learning recently that you should eat 8 grams of protein for every 20 pounds you weigh
On a Happy Note
- I went to the Museum of Fine Arts with my best friend to see a painting by Frida Kahlo
- Going to my nieces’ dance recital! They did GREAT!
- Managing a successful software upgrade at work.
- Finally getting a day off and treating myself to a massage + keratin treatment
- Applying strategies I know work well for me when life is crazy. Eating well. Sleeping well. Knitting for stress. Exercise. Seeing friends. Making time for date night.
- Dan hung up the swings my parents bought us for Christmas! They’re from Cobble Mountain Hammock Company
Quote of the Week
“I can’t just sit here and think, ‘I just wish my body was different. Everything could be different, would be different.’ When you accept that, you can accept the strength your body parts are actually giving you.” JESSAMYN STANLEY
Thank you for tuning in!