Thank you for tuning in to Episode 114 of the Down Cellar Studio Podcast. This week’s segments included:
- Off the Needles
- On the Needles
- From the Armchair
- Crafty Adventures
- KAL News
- Contest, News & Notes
- Life in Focus
- On a Happy Note
- Quote of the Week
Thank you to this episode’s sponsors: Knitters Brewing Company, Skeindalous Yarns and Pearl and Plum
Off the Needles
- Pattern: Christmas Stockings to Knit and Crochet from Family Circle Magazine
- Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Red, Everglade Heather and White
- Hook: F (3.75 mm)
- White cuff- 23 rounds. Increased one stitch on each edge a few rounds before finishing. Started round on left side of front.
On the Needles
- Needles: US 3 (3.25 mmm)
- Yarn: Ellen Cooper. Jenny base- 50/50 bamboo/cotton. Colorway is called Driftwood which is perfect for it- tans, grays, blips of peachy/pink. Variegated but almost tonal. Just enough variation for me.
- Pattern: Donner by Elizabeth Doherty
Lots of Socks:
- Mexicali Stripes Socks
- Blues Stripey Socks
- Brown Rose Marl
- Gray + Black Socks
- Beyond the Wall Socks
- Christmas Socks
- Pattern: Gradient Angles by Jan Hamby
- Yarn: Infinite Twist
I have some leftover crochet hearts from the garland I made for Aila.
Mom recently unearthed a few hand knitted and crocheted things from our past:
- My baby blanket hand knit by Mom’s friend’s mother.
- Granny Square Shrug. Here’s a photo of Riley wearing it
- Sweaters made for my brother + me.
- Mom sewed a set for my nursery- a diaper holder, dust ruffle and curtains (this is baby BostonJen)
- Mom talked about how she and her friend made pillows from face cloths held together with yarn pulled through with a crochet hook. We found instructions here in case you’re curious.
Toy for Oisin in June- maybe one of these:
Will wants a Peregrine Falcon: found one in Spirit Animals Bookby Jessica Boyer available through Leisure Arts $9.99 download.
From the Armchair
- Bede Sisters Podcast
- Crazy Ex Girlfriend on Netflix
- Mom’s been watching Married at First Sight + Married at First Sight Second Chances
- Mom and I review the ScanSnap ix500 Scanner: we love it!
- Click here to find about more about this KAL.
- Check out: Chat Thread & FO Thread
- Finish 1 project during each/all of the 12 months of 2017 that you plan to gift for the 2017 holidays. Post 1 item (max) per month of the year. Prizes will be drawn randomly throughout the year from all posts in the FO thread.
- Declare a WIP from 2016 or earlier within the first 5 days of the month, posting a photo of it in the thread. Finish the project by the end of the month, update your post with your FO photo and you’ll be eligible to win a Ravelry downloadable pattern of your choosing up to $8.
- Questions Thread
- Sponsor List
- Prize Thread
- Pre-Swim Chat Thread in the Ravelry Group
- Exclusive Products for Splash Pad Participants
- Shuffleboard (starts June 1)
Pro Shop Sponsors
- Atelier de Soyun
- Blueberry Chick Yarn
- Colorful Eclectic
- Designs of Acadia
- Dragonfly Fibers
- Fibernymph Dye Works
- Infinite Twist
- Jennifer Lassonde Designs
- Knit Style Yarns
- Knitcircus Yarns
- Knitters Brewing Company
- Knitty kitty Bags
- One Geek to Craft Them All
- Pearl and Plum
- Plum Deluxe Tea
- Prairie Bag Works
- Skeindalous Yarns
- Sunsoaked yarns
- The Periwinkle Sheep
- Wooly Wonka Fibers
Snack Shack Sponsors
- Daizie Knits
- Imagined Landscapes Designs
- Jenn Sheelen
- Kino Knits
- Kitchen Counter Crafter
- MarigoldJen Hand Dyed Yarns
- MediaPeruana Designs
- Remade By Hand Designs
- She Is Sew Whimsical
- Sunny Shoppe
- The Martini Knitter Company
- The Worsted Purl
- V Yarn
- Windswept Designs
- Zombody Knits
- Adirondack Wool and Arts Festival: September 23 & 24
- VT Sheep and Wool: September 30 & October 1, 2017
- World Wide Knit In Public Day; June 10, 2017
Virtual Events I’m looking forward to:
- Stash Dash KAL – hosted by the Knit Girllls Podcast. Starts May 26th.
- Around Your Neck KAL hosted by the Suburban Stitcher Podcast
- PAL KAL hosted by the Actually Knitting Podcast
- Batter Up KAL hosted by the In a Sknit Podcast
Contests News and Notes
Come over to the group to this thread to enter to win a copy of the Merrain MKAL pattern from Mary of Kino Knits. Tune in to hear about a coupon code available for this patternuntil 6/15/17.
Life in Focus
May Happiness Project: Try new tastes
On a Happy Note
- Scanning with Mom
- Seeing Aila perform in The Little Mermaid
- Cleaning, yard work, picking out new railings
- Converting the hutch in our dining room for project storage (scrapbooking and model making)
- Mom’s Happy Place: Her 3 Season Room at Lassonde Pool Pub is OPEN! Mom got new rugs and a cute new pillow (from Walmart)
Quote of the Week
“Forget about the fast lane. If you really want to fly, harness your power to your passion. Honor your calling. Everybody has one. Trust your heart, and success will come to you.”
Thank you for tuning in!