Thanks again to Mom for joining me on this episode!
Knitting Patterns Discussed:
Basic Cuff Up Mitten pattern by Patti Pierce Stone
4 new headbands Bow Headband– free pattern by Erin Kate Archer
- Parkspin Slippers pattern- basically the same slipper pattern I used for the adult sized slippers that I talked about in the last episode. I was going to modify that pattern myself to make them for the kiddos, but this pattern already had the math done for me.
- Vancouver Fog Mitts- free pattern by Jen Balfour
Drawstring bag using this tutorial.
Ball spinner to review from the Yarn Sellar in ME
To order call: 207-351-1987
I have the Large version.
A more thorough review to come, but this wood spinner is beautiful. Inquire with Carrie at the Yarn Sellar website.
Christmas Crafting- the good, the bad and the hideous!
- Remember the potholders, trivets, placemats and coasters you could make on these looms? You can still buy these from Love and Money Looms.
- Pipe cleaner, beads & lace ribbon ornaments- remember these?
- Mom did a lot with macrame. Both plant hangers and even wreaths– pattern she used is shown here!
- Salt dough ornaments
- Fabric flowers
- Iron On Transfers + Puffy Paint!
I forgot to mention this on the show, but don’t forget about our Holiday KAL in progress!
Any holiday gifts you finish and post before 12/31/12 will be entered into the contest for a prize.
- The Crafter’s Guide to Taking Great Photos by Heidi Adnum
- Oak Grove Mitts by Alana Dakos- includes a fingerless glove and a fingerless mitt option. Beautiful pattern with an oak leaf design on the top of the hand