Thanks for listening to Episode 53
- Off the Needles
- On the Needles
- From the Armchair
- On a Happy Note
- Quote of the Week
Off the Needles
- Needles: US 3 (3.25 mm)
- Yarn: Leftovers of Cascade 220
- Pattern: customizing an after-thought heel sock in worsted weight yarn.
On the Needles
- Needles: US 1.5 (2.5 mm)
- Yarn: Hopewood Crafts
- Pattern: none, improvised. Notes in Ravelry.
- Needles: US 7 (4.5 mm) (calls for US 8)
- Yarn: Another Crafty Girl Strong Sock in the Ponkie Brewster Colorway
- Pattern: Cool Clavical Cover by Megan Williams
- Addictive and fun knit. Interesting take on a traditional garter tab cast on! I recommend you check this out.
- Needles: US 1.5 (2.5 mm)
- Yarn: Crazy Zauberball
- Pattern: none
- Cast on first night of football for Pigskin party KAL
- Needles: US 1.5 (2.5mm)
- Yarn: Coloring Book Yarns- Colorway: September. Base- 80% merino/ 20% nylon
- Pattern: OMG Heel by Megan Williams
- Howard Hoodie
- Holiday knitting (more on that in the next episode)
From the Armchair
Announced the winner of the Knitters’ Gallery of Mitered Squares eBook. Thanks again to Cooperative Press for sponsoring this contest!
This week’s book review: Kung Fu Knits by Elizabeth Green Musselman
- Elizabeth is also the host of Dark Matter Knits video podcast which I adore. Books is published by Cooperative Press. I’d like to thank them for sending this to me for review.
- This is both a comic book style story and a pattern book with 6 awesome patterns.
- I’ve included a snippet from my nieces Riley & Millie and my nephew Garret who thoroughly enjoyed this book! It gets a little wild and crazy at the end, but I suppose that’s what happens when you ask 2, 4 & 6 year olds to be your co-hosts! Enjoy!
- The PDF is $9.95 and the Print/PDF combo is $15.95.
Contest: If you’d like to be entered to win an eBook copy of Kung Fu Knits, come over to the Down Cellar Studio Ravelry Group and enter to win!
- Show us your shawls and post to Instagram using wearing #fallshawl style
- We had 95 posts at the time of recording! I randomly chose a winner: instagram user FibertrekTV! Congratulations!
- Special thank you to Helen Stewart of Curious Handmade, a designer of beautiful shawls. Helen is this episode’s sponsor of #fallshawlstyle
Pigskin Party KAL
- Click here for the full details
- Or tune in to Episode 52 if you haven’t already
- All of the KAL Sponsors that have signed on so far are listed in the Prize Thread
Rhinebeck- NY Sheep and Wool: October 18 & 19 at the Dutchess County Fairgrounds
On a Happy Note
- David Allen’s Getting Things Done Seminar (the GTD book is a great way to start)
- Project Life app for iPhone by Becky Higgins
- I love that it’s the time of year to wear shawls, hats and socks! Hooray for knitwear!
Quote of the Week
David Allen “I am rather like a mosquito in a nudist camp; I know what I want to do, but I don’t know where to begin.”