- Off the Needles
- On the Needles
- In My Travels
- Contests, News & Notes
- On a Happy Note
- Yarn: Coloring Book Yarn- September color (self striping)
- Needles: US 1.5 (2.5mm)
- Pattern: OMG Heel socks by Megan Williams
- Yarn: Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Lightweight- Mill End
- Cast on 64 stitches. A little big– going to make the leg taller so I can enjoy knitting on these longer
- Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash (from stash)
- Needles: US 5 (3.75mm)
- Pattern: Savannah Chaps
- Modifications: knit in the round. Did afterthought legs instead of sewing them on.
This week I talked about gift knitting. For more, check out these two blog posts:
- Show us your shawls and post to Instagram using wearing #fallshawl style
- Tune in to Episode 52 if you haven’t already
- Knit-a-long that runs along the NFL football season. For any projects you complete between Sept 4 and Feb 2nd you’ll earn points which are used to give you entries in for fantastic prizes. There are opportunities to get more points along the way by using products from our awesome sponsors and for posting on instagram, getting others to participate in the KAL and things like that.
- Check out this page for all of the details.
Goodreader class for knitters at The Stitch House on Sunday November 10 from 10-12. $20 If you’re local I’d love to teach you how to use this amazing iPad app to keep track of all of your knitting patterns.
In My Travels: RhinebeckLeft on Friday for NY with three of my friends, Ryan, Nicole and Beverly. Stopped at a cute little restaurant in Danbury CT- Market Place. I enjoyed a yummy local IPA- Blue Point Brewing Company.
Went to dinner at Coppola’s on 9 in Poughkseepie. Kind of a weird environment but the food was delicious. I am picky about tomato sauce and it was good!
Some new friends showing me their beautiful Tan House Brook Shawls!
- 2 project bags from Tika Bags: Slick Wristlet
- O Wash by O Wool: 100% organic Merino 400 yards in a gorgeous teal color for $16! wanted some last year but they were picked over by the time I found them on Sunday.
- Gradient set from Fiber Optic- MCN base, 430 yards. Steampunk Colorway- grays into pumpkiny oranges!
- Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks that Rock Lightweight. Mill End in a Christmasy Looking Colorway & Grimm Colorway (blue, green/teal and gray)
- Needlefelted Giraffe ornament for my niece Aila
Check out the Kickstarter then come over to the Down Cellar Studio Ravelry Group and tell us which color way is your favorite. The winner will be drawn after 10/31. The prize is a one-of-a-kind skein of Twist Fiber Studio Arden Bulky in the “Faded Indigo” colorway. It’s a bulky weight Merino yarn, 140 yards – 100 grams.
Infinite Twist Contest
Enter to win the Down Cellar Studio Custom Gradient and 2 patterns that the yarn can be used for: Log Cabin II (smaller version of the Log Cabin Shawl) or the Gradient Carousel shawl (winner will receive both patterns).
To be entered to win: go to Thread in the DCS Ravelry to check out the photo of the yarn and answer the prompt about what kind of bases you like (weight + fiber content) and what color in the Infinite Twist Helix color card you like best.
- Maria Yarley designer behind eleganteconomyknits.com. Has a new pattern called the Graceful Pullover- Ravelry here. Donating post paypal & printing fees to a friend Bekah, a fellow knitter who recently lost her husband and needs financial support for she and her 4 children.
- Wendy, sillyfru, host of the Sassy Pants Knitter Podcast has been diagnosed with hairy cell leukemia. Here’s a link to her podcast group on Ravelry where you can find more information about how you can help support Wendy- or tune into this episode to hear from Wendy! Here’s a link to her Go Fund Me Page. Sending happy, healthy wishes your way, Wendy!!!
- Overdrive app to download audio books to my iPhone
- Having my niece and nephew sleepover
- I’m starting a 4 week challenge at my gym on Monday
- Ravelry: BostonJen
- Instagram: BostonJen1