Thanks for tuning in to Episode 57. Today’s segments included:
- Off the Needles
- On the Needles
- From the Armchair
- Contests, News & Notes
- On a Happy Note
- Quote of the Week
Off the Needles
- Elephant for Riley
- Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash (from stash)
- Needles: US 5 (3.75mm)
- Pattern: Savannah Chaps $3.99 US
- Modifications: in the round. Judy’s Magic Cast on for arms worked way to the top, stuffed, bound off sewed on.
- Conjunction Cowl
- Pattern by Susie White– Prairie Girl Susie from Prairie Girls Knit & Spin Podcast
- Yarn: Miss Babs Kawaeh DK
- Needles: US 7 (4.5mm) 40 inch. Nova Cubics Platina (first time using these needles)
- Modifications: only cast on 112 sts- fewer than called for. Decreased to 96. Didn’t make it as high as called for, because its for my 10 year old niece.
On the Needles
- Dark Side of the Moon Socks
- My 1st Christmas Socks
- Autumnal Mitts
- Pattern by Jo Bangles- free
- Needles: US 6
- Simple fingerless mitt pattern that only calls for 110-130 yard of DK. I’ve made before and love my pair. Simple cable and eyelet pattern that repeats. Goes quickly.
- Yarn: Bijou Basin Ranch- Himalayan Trail (75% Yak down 25% merino) in the 49 Dinna fash colorway
- Fingerless mitts (for my niece to go with the Conjunction Cowl)
- No pattern
- Yarn: Miss Babs Kawaeh DK (Ginko= green & Perfectly Wreckless= variegated + pink – Floyd)
- Needles: US 7 (4.5mm) 40 inch. Nova Cubics Platina
- Oisin: Fish Hat and maybe a Rebecca Danger Monster?
- Garret: Blue slippers using the Updated Parkspin Slipper pattern & nunchucks from Kung Fu Knits by Elizabeth Green Musselman which I reviewed in Episode 53
- Millie: Howard Hoodie by Kim of Cozy Cape Cottage in Anna from Frozen Colors & the Triangle Thumb Toddler Mittens by Prairie Girl Danie.
- Mom: requested “a black shawl in your latest design” so I’m working through that.
- For my BFF: thrummed mittens. Bought yarn and fiber at LYS today!
From the Armchair
Tune in to hear my review of the Stashbot App by Hannah Fettig. You can also check out the website about StashBot & a blog post about it. For questions or to chat, visit Hannah’s Ravelry Forum. I really like this and think its a great addition to your knitter’s toolkit! Check it out!
I also reviewed project bags from The Etsy Shop Bags by Awesome Grannie. I have the Large bag and notions pouch in the Giraffe in the Garden fabric! The bag is plenty large for 3-5 skeins of yarn and your project. I love that this is a bigger than usual notions pouch (I used mine for elephant poly-fill). Her prices are great for the quality workmanship put into these bags! Definitely check it out!
- Fall Shawl Style:
- ShawlTogether is a project hosted by Cate of with Infinite Twist and more other bloggers and podcasters
- There are already some great posts on various blogs on all different shawl topics!
- Pigskin Party KAL
- Tune in to Episode 52 if you haven’t already
- Knit-a-long that runs along the NFL football season. For any projects you complete between Sept 4 and Feb 2nd you’ll earn points which are used to give you entries in for fantastic prizes. Opportunities to get more points along the way by using products from our awesome sponsors and for posting on instagram, getting others to participate in the KAL and things like that.
- Never too late to sign up. Check out this page for all of the details.
- There are also monthly prizes for participating by using hashtag #DCSPigskinParty on Instagram and for chatting in the Monthly Huddle Tread in the DCS Ravelry Group! Come play along. We’re having so much fun!
- October Participation Prizes for Instagram and Ravelry were announced. Thanks to our prize sponsors: Judy Marples & Lauren McMordie
Contests, News & Notes
Twist Fiber Studio Kickstarter prize winner announced!
Infinite Twist Contest- Down Cellar Studio Custom Gradient & pattern kit winner announced
On a Happy Note
- I’m doing a 4 week challenge at my gym! It’s just the kick in the pants I needed to get back into health habits!
- Halloween 2014. It’s especially fun as the kids get older each year.
- Dinner + a movie with my best friend and realizing my knitting in the dark skills are improving!
- I splurged on an iPad Air!!
Quote of the Week
Summer ends, and Autumn comes, and he who would have it otherwise would have high tide always and a full moon every night; and thus he would never know the rhythms that are at the heart of life. ~Hal Borland