Thanks for tuning in to Episode 60!
This week’s segments included:
- Off the Needles
- On the Needles
- Crafty Adventures
- From the Armchair
- Contests, News & Notes
- On a Happy Note
Off the Needles
- New design in the works
- Needles: US 7 needles
- Yarn: Berrocco Ultra Alpaca Light in black
- Pattern Goblin Hat by Elizabeth Murphy (free pattern)
- US 5 (smaller than called for)
- Yarn: Miss Babs Kawaeh DK
- No pattern (cast on 24 stitches)
- Needles: US 8
On the Needles
Needles: US 2
- Pattern: Measure in Love by Megan Williams
- Yarn: Mad Tosh DK in Embers color way- burnt orange
- Needles: US 5
- Pattern: OMG Heel socks by Megan Williams
- Yarn: Nutcracker Candy Colorway from Must Stash Yarn in the Perfect Sock Base
- Needles: US 1.5
I did some sewing (alone and with my best friend). I love these project bags. I vary up the sizes, but they are all based on this tutorial.
I did some sewing with my niece and nephew during our recent sleepover. Emelyn is 10. She made 3 pillows! Two for her, and one for Oisin’s new alien stuffed monster, Dave.
Every year I make custom photo calendars from Picaboo. The quality is great and I appreciate how customizable they are.
From the Armchair
- I finished 51 projects (20 more than last year) including publishing 2 designs. 10 things for me, the rest were gifts.
- Click here to check out my 2014 Projects Tab in Ravelry.
- Knit from my well curated stash. I’ve updated my stash on Ravelry. Currently I have 65 yarns stashed/ 91 skeins total.
- Publish at least 2 if not more patterns in 2015.
- Take more classes, especially at fiber events I’m already planning to go to.
- Keep me in mind when knitting (make sure my gift knitting ratio doesn’t go up too much)
Fiber Related Plans for 2015
- January- Vogue Knitting Live. January 16-18 in NYC.
- February- I’m going to North Carolina for a scrapbooking weekend!
- May: Maryland Sheep & Wool: May 2 & 3
- May: NH Sheep and Wool: May 9 & 10 (I’ll be taking Emelyn & Aila on Saturday)
- August: Stitches Midwest in Shaumburg IL August 6-9
- October: NY SHeep and Wool- 3rd full weekend in Oct 16-18th 2015
Pigskin Party KALTune in to Episode 52 if you haven’t already
- Knit-a-long that runs along the NFL football season. For any projects you complete between Sept 4 and Feb 2nd you’ll earn points which are used to give you entries in for fantastic prizes. Opportunities to get more points along the way by using products from our awesome sponsors and for posting on instagram, getting others to participate in the KAL and things like that.
- Never too late to sign up. Go to downcellarstudio.com/pigskinparty for all of the details. This is the last full month.
- There are also monthly prizes for participating by using hashtag #DCSPigskinParty on Instagram and for chatting in the Monthly Huddle Tread in the DCS Ravelry Group! Come play along. We’re having so much fun!
- WIP Interception- Winner Announced!!
- New sponsor: Jan Smiley Bag– Check out this martini themed bag! What a great prize!
- Just arrived in the mail- a beautiful new bag from Prairie bag works- beautiful cardinals and other birds on the outside. would be great for a 2-3 skein project. drawstring. inside has 2 pockets and a jump ring
December Participation Prizes were announced
Contests, News & Notes
Taste of Nomad Kit:
One lucky winner will get a 3 month subscription to the Taste of Nomad Taster Package. Kits will arrive each month and include one original pattern and the yarn to make it, along with a recipe card from the garden behind the shop and a fun surprise.
How to enter: Come on over to this thread, check out their patterns and tell us what you like best to be entered to win a 3 month subscription. Contest ends January 5th. You must be a member of the Ravelry Group to be entered to win.
News- VAT increase European Union have gone into effect. I want to make sure you can still buy my patterns. If you live in the EU and want one of my designs, please PM me on Ravelry, I’ll send you my Paypal info. If you make a donation to podcast I’ll give you the patterns you’d like. I’m still hoping for better solution in the coming weeks/months.
On a Happy Note
- We had a wonderful Christmas.
- Aila loved the huge giraffe we bought her. Will loved him Rhino!
- My best friend, Kris, made me a chevron burlap pillow with my podcast logo on a pocket on the front! AMAZING!
- Millie loved her Anna hoodie! The kids all had a great day!
- I went to see the The imitation Game at the movies. I think this is a must see.
- Dan and I are doing a biggest loser style weight loss challenge with our friends. It’s been a really fun and super motivating competition so far!
- I’ve enjoyed quality time with Dan over the vacation. We’ve started watching the League on Netflix. Totally irreverent raunchy humor, but if you’re interested in that this is a funny show.