Thanks for tuning in to Episode 61!
Today’s segments included:
- Off the Needles
- Contests, News & Notes
- In my Travels
- On a Happy Note
Off the Needles
- Cabled Hat pattern by Justyna Lorkowska
- Yarn: Madeline Tosh Vintage in a one of a kind colorway
- Needles US 5 (3.75mm) & US 7 (4.5 mm)
- Pattern: OMG Heel socks by Megan Williams
- Yarn: Nutcracker Candy Colorway from Must Stash Yarn in the Perfect Sock Base
- Needles: US 1.5
- Design by Kirsten Kapur
- Yarn: Miss Babs- Yummy 3 ply sport in the Perfectly Wreckless Colorway (purchased at Stitches Midwest 2014)
- Needles: US 4 (3.5mm)
Tune in to Episode 52 if you haven’t already
- Knit-a-long that runs along the NFL football season. For any projects you complete between Sept 4 and Feb 2nd you’ll earn points which are used to give you entries in for fantastic prizes. Opportunities to get more points along the way by using products from our awesome sponsors and for posting on instagram, getting others to participate in the KAL and things like that.
- The Super Bowl is in 2 weeks!!! Are you ready?
- Stay tuned for announcements in the Ravelry Group for details about virtual Super Bowl weekend FUN– and more opportunities to earn points.
- Thank you to our new sponsor: Stitched by Jessalu.
Contests, News & Notes
Taste of Nomad Taster Package: Announced winner: kannasoup
I encourage you to go check out this yarn kit subscription! I think you’re really going to like it.
In My Travels
- Vogue Knitting Live this past weekend was great!
- Saturday I took Susan B Anderson’s Seamless Doll Workshop where we worked on the Mary, Millie & Morgan pattern. I learned so much and had so much more fun because I went with my friend Jen from the Commuter Knitter Podcast.
- Sunday I went back to attend a panel discussion on “Design is a process” with Josh Bennett, Amy Herzog, Susan B Anderson, Laura Nelkin and Stephen West! What a line up!!
- I also did some shopping!
- I got to meet Marsha from One Geek to Craft Them All (one of our Pigskin Party KAL Sponsors) and score some of her beautiful stitch markers.
- I also bought some yarn! And even cast on with some of it right away!
On a Happy Note
- Weight loss challenge with our friends is going well and I’ve already lost a few pounds.
- I enjoy going to the movies with friends. Recently I saw Into the Woods & The Wedding Ringer.
- I’ve gotten a few great items from Stitch Fix recently!
- I’m just happy that things have turned around. The beginning of the month was a bummer between car issues, a break-in and being sick… that started turning around when I came home to 2 unexpected care packages.
- Thank you for your iTunes reviews. Recently we had new reviews from 1hundred projects and cosmic snowflake! Thank you.