- Off the Needles
- On the Needles
- Crafty Adventures
- From the Armchair
- Knitting in passing
- On a Happy Note
- Quote of the Week
Off the Needles
- Pattern: A Simple Baby Pullover by Erica Kempf Broughton
- Yarn: Worsted Weight- Cascade 220 Superwash in a Navy Blue
- Needles: Cast on with US 7 then switched to US 6
On the Needles
- Pattern: None
- Yarn: Forbidden Fleece Skwishee base
- Needles: US 2 (2.75mm)
- Cast on 56 stitches, 2×2 ribbing and then plain stockinette (knit every round)
- Pattern: Mary, Millie & Morgan – ebook by Susan B Anderson $12.00
- Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash Sport
- Needles: US 3- 3.25mm
- Carrying in my Bags by Awesome Grannie Giraffe Bag & notions pouch
- Pattern: Turn a Square by Jared Flood (free)
- Needles: US 5
- Yarn: Leftover Dragonfly Fibers Traveller Base in the District 12 colorway (rhino) and (I think) Madeline Tosh Vintage from Dan’s birthday hat.
From the Armchair
I read this book and attended a Getting Things Done Workshop in September. This is the best organizational system I have ever used! For more details check out the website. I have a copy of the book I’d like to share with one lucky listener. Come over to the Ravelry Group and enter to win!
- Knit from my well curated stash. Start of year- 95 skeins in Stash.
- As of Episode 62- used up 8 from stash and 3 new skeins
- Challenge myself more
- Progress Update: Took workshop with Susan B Anderson at Vogue Knitting Live
- Publish at least 2 if not more patterns in 2015 AND be actively working on design work every week.
- 3 designs in progress that I have worked on every week this year
- Knit for me (meaning knit at least 10 more things for me and keep the ratio from 2014)
- To date: 3 hats + pair of socks= 4 items, I’m 40% there!.
- Thanks to everyone for participating in this event! It was a huge success and we’re all looking forward to playing again next football season!
- Winners will be announced on Episode 63.
- I want to say another huge thank you to our sponsors! Please continue to support them and thank them for their sponsorship!
- Bags by Awesome Grannie
- Berry Colorful Yarnings
- Brenda Castiel
- Deborah Tomasello
- Fiber Nymph Dyeworks
- Fish Belly Fiber Works
- Gynx Yarn
- Infinite Twist
- Jan Smiley
- Kerri Knits
- Kitchen Counter Crafter
- Knittings My Bag
- Lilliput Yarn
- Holli Dapp- lupinownsjacob designs
- Must Stash Yarn
- One Geek to Craft Them All
- One Twisted Tree
- Play at Life Fiber Arts
- Prairie Bag Works
- Sarah’s Cotton Patch
- Judy Marples designs
- Stitched by Jessalu
- Suburban Stitcher
- Sunny Shoppe
- Unwind Yarn Co
Knitting in passing
- Knitting at the Garth Brooks concert and having some guys nearby thinking it was really cool!
- My nieces and nephews cannot understand why Grammy is cleaning with hats!
- Emily Straw, host of the Knitting Butterflies podcast, was featured in her local paper after responding to a question about what people would be doing during the game! Emily was finishing one of her sweaters- a Blitz Project for the Pigskin Party Knit Along!
Quote of the Week
“There are no happy endings.
Endings are the saddest part,
So just give me a happy middle
And a very happy start.” – Shel Silverstein