This week’s segments included
- Off the Needles
- On the Needles
- Crafty Adventures
- From the Armchair
- In My Travels
- On a Happy Note
- Quote of the Week
Off the Needles
On the Needles
- Yarn: Malabrigo sock in the Light of Love Colorway
- Needles: US 1 & 2
- Pattern: none
- Cast on 56 with US 1 needles. 2×2 ribbing. Switched to US 2’s. Increased to 60 and then 64 stitches. Did matching decreases before the ribbing on the other end.
- Yarn: leftover fingering weight yarn from sock
- Hook Size: D 3.0mm
- Pattern: basic granny double crochet granny square
- In addition to my scraps I got to break into mini skeins from My Colour Wheelhouse and Yarn Geek Fibers. Loved both of them!
- Sweet Sheep pattern by Susan B Anderson
- Taste of Nomad Subscription Box– February kit
- Yarn: Bamboo Bloom Handpaints- bulky weight, rayon, wool, acrylic blend. Thick & thin. Mine is in the most gorgeous greens and blues and browns.
- Pattern: Blooming Neckwarmer– simple design. drop slipped stitches. really shows off an interesting yarn like this
From the Armchair
Update on 2015 goals
- Knit from my well curated stash. Start of year- 96 skeins in Stash.
- As of Episode 64– used up 9 from stash and 4 new skeins. Please use #Stashdownthrowdown on IG if you want to play along
- Challenge myself more
- Publish at least 2 if not more patterns in 2015–and actively work on design work every week.
- 3 designs in progress. Shawl design out to test knitters. I’m knitting on a second one of that. Also put some time into a hat pattern I’m working on.
- Knit for me (meaning knit at least 10 more things for me and keep the ratio from 2014) to date, 3 hats + 3 pair of socks + 1 shawl- 7 items
- Glitter & Glue by Kelly Corrigan
- A Little Something Different by Sandy Hall
- Now reading The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
- Knit Wear Love: Foolproof Instructions for Knitting your Best-Fitting Sweaters Ever in the Styles you Love To wear by Amy Herzog. Thank you to STC Craft for sending this to me for review.
- The Amazon ship date is 3/31 but you can pre-order now! $24.95 US/ $27.95 Canadian
- Hint hint- I think this book is fabulous! Listen to the review and then go buy this book right away!
Marathon Spring Cleaning
Start: March 1, 2015 Ends: Marathon Monday – April 20
Marathon Spring Cleaning – runs from March 1, 2015 to April 20, 2015
- Goal: Use as much leftover/ scrap yarn as you can during this time. Only scrap/ partial skein yardage counts.
- Along with your Cast-On post must be a photo of the leftover/scrap yarns you will be using. You will keep one continual post through the KAL – updating with each new project and keeping track of total leftover / scrap yardage used.
- We have opened a Chat Thread in Ravelry forum to discuss about project ideas. In Lisa’s first post I’ve linked to a number of different patterns that will work well for scraps. If you have other ideas, come chat in the thread and I’ll keep adding to the list.
- Spring flowers project bag from Sarah’s Cotton Patch on Etsy
- 2 Patterns by Lucia Pane- Pearl of the Pacific Podcast
- Marcella Rose Cowl pattern from Lydia Brown of Oh Loops & Fiber by Design podcast
- Deborah Tomasello ebook Socks for Jeans 7 colorwork sock patterns
Fiber Related Plans for 2015
- Maryland Sheep & Wool, May 2 & 3
- NH Sheep and Wool May 9 & 10
- Talking with Claire from NH Knits Podcast about a meet up on Saturday. Details to come
- Stitches Midwest in Shaumburg IL August 6-9
- Oct. Rhinebeck NY SHeep and Wool- 3rd full weekend in Oct 16-18th 2015
In my travels
I share a bit about how I plan to pack knitting projects for various kinds of trips! How do you figure out what to bring? Come over to Ravelry group and share!
On a Happy Note
- I share a snippet of audio from my 3 year old niece Millie about our trip to Frozen on Ice and about her new hand knit Millie Doll.
- Spending time with good girlfriends in NC
- New plastic bins for washing socks which make my sock washing effort much more efficient.
- Finally warming up a little. A couple above freezing days here this week should help with melting.
Quote of the Week
Under the giving snow blossoms a daring spring. ~Terri Guillemets