Thanks for tuning in to episode 73. This week’s Segments included:
- Off Needles
- On the Needles
- Crafty Adventures
- On a Happy Note
Off the Needles
- Cascade 220 Superwash in White
- Added crochet chain loop in back to make it an ornament. Made a green crocheted scarf. (Directions in pattern)
- I used safety eyes and embroidered a mouth and twig-like arms with black fingering weight yarn.
- Yarn: Knit Circus Magnificent DK- April Skies Colorway
- Needles: US 8
- First DK weight version. Made mods to suit the shorter yardage
- Really impressed with the yarn, very squishy and soft. Color progressions are beautifully done so subtle and lovely
- Yarn: Lion Brand- Cypress Double Crochet Washcloth
- Mods: I made this 18 stitches wide
On the Needles
- Pattern: Perfect Retreat Shawl by Susan B Anderson $6.00
- Needles: US 7 (4.5 mm)
- Yarn: Fiberstory Fave Sock in Colorway Sterling (medium gray)
- Yarn: One Twisted Tree Prime Variegated Twist in Late Night Lite Brite Colorway
- Needles: US 1.5 (2.5 mm)
- Pattern: OMG Heel Socks by Megan Williams
- First sock is finished. love how yarn spiral pools at the top and then does the variegated twist around the leg and foot.
- Great colors- fuschia, mustard, teal, navy
- Going to be gift for friend Laura. Saw the 3 skeins of OTT I purchased. When they arrived I posted on IG. She’s been asking for socks and is very knit worthy. Didn’t finish in time birthday in August but she should be coming to visit in Sept
- Yarn: Freia Handpaints Fingering & Mad Color Fiber Arts
- Needles: US 7
- Design nearly finished.
- If you’re interested in test knitting, please PM me on Ravelry (BostonJen)
- My friend Megg bought me a beautiful teal colored square, wooden tray with tiles to inset in it. We had all 7 of my nieces and nephews paint them!
- I’ve been sewing scraps of mostly Amy Butler fabrics together into a random patchwork effect. I will make this into a curtain to hide the underneath section of my desk.
- I had an impromptu night with my best friend, Kris (and niece/nephew Aila & Will) ast night. Kris started a sewing project from Aila’s old dress and pajamas. I knit on my shawl and Aila worked on her weaving project.
- Extended through Labor Day which is Monday 9/7 so get those entries in!
- Use a Infinite Twist kit or your own yarn
- You don’t have to finish your shawl to be eligible to win.
- Post photos of your progress and use #trickleshawl. If you’re using the Infinite Twist Trickle Kit be sure to use #tricklekit.
- Two Infinite Twist yarn prizes- any who tags their photos with #trickleshawl will be eligible to win
- Those who knit with the Infinite Twist kit and use #tricklekit will be entered to win $100 gift certificate to Infinite Twist
Pigskin Party KAL
What is the Pigskin Party KAL?
- Virtual knit-a-long that runs along the NFL football season. For any projects you complete between Sept 10 and Feb 8th, you’ll earn points that make you eligible for fantastic prizes. For every 100 yards completed (in your fiber craft of choice) you earn 7 points for a touchdown. For all partial touchdown yardage you earn 3 points (field goal) |For any small finished project (less than 100 yards) earn 3 points
- There are also Special Teams points available for using sponsor products and fulfilling other challenges.
- For every 100 points you earn, you’ll be entered in the drawing for one of many grand prizes graciously donated by our Sponsors
- In addition to working for your prizes- there are also prizes for just for participating. Use #DCSPigskinParty2015 on Instagram to show us what you’re working on and come chat in the Down Cellar Studio Ravelry Group’s Monthly Huddle Thread and you could be randomly selected
- It’s never too late to sign up. Join anytime during the football season (you don’t even need to be a fan to play along)
- 178 players on the Roster
- 24 confirmed sponsors in addition to our 10 Headline Sponsors
- 28 coupon codes
- Special thank you to Carmen, a simplehomestead, who created a Google Worksheet and shared it with the group for easier tracking of your points.
- TarynL is starting a Fantasy Football League for those interested. Draft is September 9th so check out the thread before 9/8 to sign up
- I’ve added the Chat Room Feature to the group. If you’re on the main DCS Ravelry group page, you’ll now see a button that says “Chat Room.” Lisa will be using this for Bingo on Monday nights but we can use it anytime. If you see someone in there, feel free to go in and chat!
- Another thing I think it would be fun to do, is to post a selfie on Instagram and tag it #DCSPigskinPartyKAL2015 so we can get to know each other.
Brenda Castiel Designs
Knitty kitty Bags
The Little Mount Yarn Co.
Berry Colorful Yarnings
Pearl of the Pacific
Just Run Knit
Jennifer Lassonde Designs
Knitters Brewing Company
Jan B Smiley
Sun Valley Fibers
The Tangled Skein
Oh! Loops Yarn & Lydia Brown Designs
The Tangled Skein CA
- Berry Colorful Yarnings: 10% off any order including custom orders and kits
- Brenda Castiel Designs 20% off any self-published patterns Good Stuff Crafts– $5 off
- Donita’s Sewing Rack 10% off any purchase
- Freckled Whimsey 10% off any purchase of $20 or more
- Infinite Twist Free Mini-skeins with purchase
- Jan B Smiley- 10% off $25 purchase through 11/1
- Just Run Knit– Megan William Designs 50% off any one check out (can purchase multiple patterns, but code is good once per person) thru Halloween
- Kerri Knits Designs 25% off self published patterns
- Kino Knits 25% off any Kino Knits pattern
- Knitters Brewing Company 10% off purchase
- KnittingsMyBag 20% off your entire purchase
- Knitty kitty Bags 20% off purchase
- Laura Linneman Designs- LaLa’s Knits 25% off purchase
- Lilliput Yarn 15% off anything in the shop
- The Little Mount Yarn Co. 15% off any order
- Luv Knots 15% off your purchase
- Lucia Pane (Pearl of the Pacific) Designs 10% off your purchase in Ravelry store
- MediaPeruana Designs 25% off any self-published patterns thru Halloween
- MyMuddlings 15% off any purchase
- Noel Margaret Designs 15% off any self published patterns
- Nomad Yarns Free shipping and free Football Head knitting pattern with every order
- Soap-a-licious 15% off entire purchase
- Suburban Stitcher 25% off your purchase
- Sunsoaked Yarns 10% off purchase of at least $10 through Halloween
- Sun Valley Fibers 15% off purchase
- The Tangled Skein-CA 10% off your purchase- no minimum purchase required
- Yarn Geek Fiber 10% off the total purchase
- Riley to knitting group again- she didn’t do ANY knitting. She wanted to play with my friend Jenn (audio at end of the show)
- Beach day a couple weeks ago Megg’s fried scallops
- Aila and Will for a sleepover- always fun! Dan had to work in the morning and they thought he was hiding to scare them. fun to listen to them chatter and plan together.
- My nephew Garret’s obsession with my making slippers for my brother.
- Went to my first yoga class in ages on Monday! Felt so good to move! Still doing my PT and have to take things very slowly.
- 4 day weekend!!
- I joined Periscope. I’m BostonJen there. Come friend me!