Thank you for tuning in to Episode 78 of the Down Cellar Studio Podcast. This week’s segments included:
- Off the Needles
- From the Armchair
- Crafty Adventures
- Contest, News & Notes
- On a Happy Note
- Pigskin Party KAL
Off the Needles
- Pattern by Kelly Dager
- $4.00 pattern- available via Etsy
- US 15 needles (10mm)
- Lion Brand Hometown USA- Billings Chocolate & New York White
Star Wars Crochet:
- No pattern (see Ravelry page for my notes)
- Needles: US 3 & US 6
- Yarn: Berroco Vintage (worsted weight)
- Baa-ble Hat by Donna Smith (free) Click here for link to download.
- US 6 & 7 Needles
- DK weight yarn (Mirasol Tuhu, Cascade 220 Superwash (which is very light worsted) and leftover Liberty Wool
Kaweah Hat by Veronica Parsons
From the Armchair
Tune in for a review of Deborah Tomasello- Hand Knitted Gift Wraps. It is available on Amazon ($17.95 ebook) & e-version is up on Ravelry for $16). I definitely recommend checking it out. If you’re interested in purchasing, this feel free to use Coupon code GIFTS at check out on Ravelry to get the ebook for half price ($8).
Coupon: good through Sunday December 6th at midnight Eastern
Spent Black Friday sewing with my best friend Kris
I made a pillowcase using this tutorial from Notes from the Patch blog
Kris made a pillow from one of Aila’s favoriate dresses with a pocket made out of her old giraffe PJs. Learned how to make an invisible zipper. Link to video she used that had good instruction.
Vogue Knitting Live– January 15-17, New York City
- I’m taking a shawl design class on Friday with Susan B Anderson and attending the Market on Saturday.
Stitches West– February 18-21 in Santa Clara, CA
- Saturday afternoon-podcaster meet-up! Details to come!
Contest, News & Notes
My friend Jenn Sheelen has started her own website. She has beautiful knitting patterns available on her site and via Ravelry. She also just posted t-shirts and tote bags that say “Hug a Knitter… they give you Warm Fuzzies!” that are adorable.
Go to jennsheelen.com to find the answers to these three questions.
1. Who taught Jenn to knit?
2. What is the price of the Happiness in Threes Mitts pattern?
3. Where is Jenn located?
Post answers in Jenn Sheelen Contest Thread in Down Cellar Studio Ravelry Group
The first three people to get it right get the Flutterby Dreams pattern gifted to them.
If you’re not in the first three— feel free to answer anyways. From all of the entries, will pick three random winners who will be gifted the Glowflake jar pattern.
Check it out! and enter to win. This will run for at least 2 weeks– if the thread is unlocked feel free to enter. Must be a member of the DCS Rav Group to be entered to win.
On a Happy Note
- My friend Laura came to visit last weekend!
- I got in lots of family time between Thanksgiving and my cousin’s wedding.
- Thank you to Sarah- themartiniknitter- who sent me Swiss Chocolate which I can’t wait to indulge in!
- THANK YOU all for listening and participating!!
Pigskin Party KAL
Thank you to our Headline Sponsors!
- Donita’s Sewing Rack
- Freckled Whimsey
- KerriKnits Designs
- Lilliput Yarn
- One Twisted Tree
- Prairie Bag Works
- Suburban Stitcher
- Yarn Geek Fiber
WIPs Interception: runs November 10 – December 25— 8 awesome prizes which I announced last episode