Thank you for tuning in to Episode 79of the Down Cellar Studio Podcast. This week’s segments included:
- Off the Needles
- On the Needles
- From the Armchair
- Crafty Adventures
- Contest, News & Notes
- On a Happy Note
- Pigskin Party KAL
Off the Needles
Obi Wan (with cape) – purchased pattern separately from Etsy from Lucy Collins
- Pattern: Puppy and his Daddy by Ana Paula Rimoli from The Big Book of Little Amigurumi
- Hook: C 2.75mm
- Yarn: Plymouth encore- brown, leftover from Star Wars crochet & creamy/tan color
- Big black nose & eyes from 6060 on Etsy!
- Pattern- my design
- US 7 (4.5mm) needles
- Oh Loops Platinum Sock- Voyage Colorway- blue
- Cascade Heritage Silk- White
- Two Guys Yarn Co- The Standard in Sock base in Summer Solstice Colorway- purple
- Pattern: Scrubbie Dots by Doni Speigle
- Hook: H
- Yarn: Lilly Sugar and Cream Yarn
- I expanded it to make it larger using basic circular crochet increases. Made about 4-5 total this season
- Pattern: Updated Parkspin Slippers by Joan Janes (free)
- Needles: US 8
- Worsted weight yarn held doubled.
- Pattern: Little Waiting for Winter Mittens by Susan B Anderson $4 US
- Needles: US 6 (Calls for 7s)
- Riley Yarn: Berrocco Vintage & Plymouth Encore: Added length to the hand based on the drawing I took of Riley’s hand
- Millie Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash (purple) & Lana Gatto Super Soft Pink- Color 5240: Made hand a little longer. Added 4 stitches after thumb gusset. Details in project page on Ravelry
On the Needles
- Pattern (Crochet): by Nicky Blade called NickyBlade Doll Pattern- free Ravelry download
- C hook (2.75mm)
- Cascade 220 superwash, cream for skin, gray, blue and a purple.
- Girl with brown hair- shirt, pants and shoes. simple but really cute. looks like riley’s style
Storm Trooper (yes another)
Joy from movie Inside Out crochet pattern by Allison McDonough $5.00 pattern. Wanted to make for Riley- my brother actually suggested but I can’t find just the right green for her dress.
Also found an eBook of 5 Doc McStuffins character crochet patterns also by Allison McDonough.
Bought the yarn on the way home today to start The Force Awakens Hat
From the Armchair
- Master of None– on Netflix
- Kino Knits Podcast
- Serial is back on! Slate Serial Spoiler Special & Crime Writers on Serial are related podcasts you may want to check out
- I shared my thoughts about gift knitting/crafting and why I spend time on it. I also shared my tips for making the most out of your gift knitting if you have a long list that you want to accomplish.
I’ve been sewing iined draw string bag from this tutorial.
I highly recommend photo calendars from Picaboo (for yourself or as gifts)
Contest News & Notes
I announced the winners of Jenn Sheelen Contest from Episode 78.
- Contest: Come over to the One Twisted Tree Contest Thread in the DCS Ravelry Group- enter to win.
Becky Kelly from Knit Actually Podcast is hosting Knit Nosh event on January 23, 2016 at 12:30 pm at Samples World Bistro in Longmont, CO. The yarn companies providing yarn for the event are Bijou Basin Ranch, MJ Yarns, Skeindalous , Knerd. Tickets are still available. Details are available on her website.
On a Happy Note
- I will be reviewing the Madelyn Tote bag from Pearl and Plum next month but it’s already making me very happy and so I wanted to share!
- 2 kids sleepovers in 2 weeks! (including some audio from Riley who is 7 and Millie who is 3)
- Having a sewing day with my best friend in lieu of Christmas shopping
- At our friends Christmas Party I offered up some Tittens for the Yankee Swap. It was VERY well received!
- My co-workers and I ordered under desk exerciser that I heard about on Savvy Girls Podcast and I really like it.
Pigskin Party KAL
Thank you to our Headline Sponsors!
- Donita’s Sewing Rack
- Freckled Whimsey
- KerriKnits Designs
- Lilliput Yarn
- One Twisted Tree
- Prairie Bag Works
- Suburban Stitcher
- Yarn Geek Fiber
Tune in to hear about the November Prize Winners!
WIPs Interception: runs November 10 – December 25— 8 awesome prizes which I announced in Episode 77
High Fives going on now until Sunday 12/20!
Happy Holidays, Merry merry christmas, happy knitting, talk to you next time!
(This episode ends with a little bit of audio of my niece Millie singing. Hope you enjoy it)