Thanks for tuning in for Episode 8!
On the Needles
Off the Needles
- Abyssal Shawl by Karen and Karyn
- This shawl might end up back on the needles (or frogged) at some point. I ran out of yarn well before I would have been finished properly. Totally my fault. We’ll see what happens with this, but for now its finished.
Life in Focus
Focus this week is on point and shoot cameras:
What I used for some testing for this segment- Nikon CoolPix S51
Usually use a Canon Powershot SD4000 IS or my Canon Revel xti
- Other tips:
- Take a bunch of photos!!
- Don’t trust what you see in the LCD display on the back of your camera. It can be difficult to see what it really looks like until you get it on your computer.
- If you can do a self portrait try it- or learn how to set your timer and try it that way. Of course this can be harder with a garment than with an accessory but if you put that much time into knitting a sweater, find a friend and ask them to take your picture- its worth the few extra minutes.
- I have listened to some but haven’t been in love with any yet.
- There’s one I listened to only one episode of (New to Photo Podcast), whose website looked promising. More of a review on the next episode.
From the Armchair: Knitty – First Fall
- There were a couple patterns I really enjoy in this issue and I thought I’d share.
- The Political Process– fingerless mitts
- Portlander– fingerless mitts with option to do a full mitten
- There is also a book featured in the reviews section called: The Crafter’s Guide to Taking Great Photos: The Best Techniques for Showcasing Your Handmade Creations by Heidi Adenoma
In My Travels
Summer vacation is coming up!
July 27 – Aug 12, 201
NY Sheep and Wool in Rhinebeck
October 15 & 16
Workshop Schedule is posted!
Connecticut Convention Center in Hartford, CT
(Not sure if I’ll be attending since its so close to Rhinebeck on the calendar).
On a Happy Note
I had a great birthday weekend!
Spent part of Saturday June 9th at Nantasket Beach for World Wide Knit in Public Day.
Sunday night I went to the Company Theater’s Gala to raise money for their upcoming Paragon Park musical based on the story of the old Paragon Park and its beautiful carousel at Nantasket Beach in Hull, MA.
Congratulations to our 6 contest winners! Tune in to see if you’ve won!
Special thanks to Alana Dakos for sponsoring these amazing prizes!!
Quote of the Week
What is one to say about June, the time of perfect young summer, the fulfillment of the promise of the earlier months, and with as yet no sign to remind one that its fresh young beauty will ever fade. – Gertrude Jekyll