Thank you for tuning in to Episode 80 of the Down Cellar Studio Podcast. This week’s segments included:
- Off the Needles
- On the Needles
- From the Armchair
- Crafty Adventures
- Knitting in Passing
- Contest, News & Notes
- On a Happy Note
- Pigskin Party KAL
Off the Needles
Easy Coasters (times 2)
- C hook
- Worsted/dk scraps
- Pattern (Crochet): by Nicky Blade called NickyBlade Doll Pattern- free Ravelry download
- C hook (2.75mm)
- Cascade 220 superwash, cream for skin, gray, blue and a purple.
- Girl with brown hair- shirt, pants and shoes. simple but really cute. looks like riley’s style
- Pattern: The Force Awakens Hat by Hannah L (free)
- Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash Sport & Schachenmayr Extra Fine Merino DK (very light DK) seems lighter than the Sport
- Needles: US 4 (3.5 mm)
- Pattern by Lucy Collins from Star Wars Crochet Hook
- Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash
- Hook: C
On the Needles
- Yarn: Marigold Jen- Merry & Bright (purchased at MD Sheep & Wool)
- Needles: US 1.5
- Pattern: OMG Heel by Megan Williams
I am working on a hat to match my Tan House Brook shawl design.
From the Armchair
Update on 2015 goals
- Knit from my well curated stash
- Started 2015 with 96 skeins in stash. Ended the year with 55! (not including WIPs)
- Challenge myself more
- Publish at least 2 if not more patterns in 2015.
- Knit for me (meaning knit at least 10 more things for me and keep the ratio from 2014). In 2015 I knit 18 items for me!
I listed the number and types of items I made this year. You can find the details on this tab of my Projects Page. I referenced Michelle of Actually Knitting Podcast. In her recent episodes she’s done a serials of Knitting Talk Backs about how to make the most of our Ravelry.
More to come on this next episode but I do want to join my local knitting group’s “12 months to Christmas KAL” where we make 1 Christmas gift every month of the year to be more ready come Christmas 2016.
Want a chance to win a set? Come over to the DCS Ravelry Group and enter by answering the prompt on the Fix-a-Stitch Contest Thread.
Coloring Book and pencils from my brothers kids for Christmas. They gave me these colored pencils which makes the experience more enjoyable!
Knitting in Passing
This week we have some audio from my good friend Devon who is traveling around the world. She met a very unique knitter in Morocco and would like you to meet him! Definitely check out this post!
- Wayland Winter Farmers’ Market at Russells Garden Center– yarn vendors at the January 23 and March 5th from 10a-2p
- Vogue Knitting Live– January 15-17, New York City
- Stitches West– February 18-21 in Santa Clara, CA
Contest, News & Notes
Enter for your chance to win a beautiful skein of yarn from Riot of Color by following the prompt on this thread in the Down Cellar Studio Ravelry Group.
On a Happy Note
- I worked the door and throughly enjoyed the kids’ Christmas dance recital.
- Dan helped with ALL THE WRAPPING! Love him!
- Going to see Mary Poppins with the fam
- Christmas Eve & Christmas Day with family
- Highlights of my gifts:
- Handsewn cosmetic case from my best friend Kris using a Tutorial on Pinterest using a placement.
- A new coloring book with these pencils (love these pencils much more than the ones I had been using)
- Plaid scarf from my Mom
- Sock Knitter Profile kit from Mom! (I also announced the Sock Knitter Profile Bag Contest Winner!)
- Camera strap with a scarf-like piece! floral print.
- Stars Hollow print!!!
Pigskin Party KAL
- Donita’s Sewing Rack
- Freckled Whimsey
- KerriKnits Designs
- Lilliput Yarn
- One Twisted Tree
- Prairie Bag Works
- Suburban Stitcher
- Yarn Geek Fiber
I announced winners of the WIPs Interception and the December Bingo Winners! December Huddle and Instagram winners will be announced on Episode 81.
Thank you for tuning in!