I am cooking up a really fun Down Cellar Studio style KAL/CAL for the summer months (because I understand it’s hard to wait for football season to come back around). More details will be available soon, but for those of you who like to strategize early, this should be enough to whet your appetite!
What Is It?
Knit & Crochet Along
- Low-key summer Knit & Crochet Along focused on small, portable projects perfect for toting along to the splash pad, pool, beach, park or playground (or wherever you happen to find yourself this time of year).
- Earn entries for prize drawings by knitting or crocheting 50-200g projects and of course there are options for additional entries if you use sponsor products.
- No weighing projects. For this KAL/CAL we’re keeping it easy. Round up or down: if you use the majority of a 50g, 100g, 200g skein count it as such. I’m not bringing my yarn scale to the pool, so I don’t expect you to either.
- Participants will be either join the Community Pool or the Country Club (Country Club membership requires purchase of at least 1 Exclusive Splash Pad Party product for sale by our sponsors). Each group will have their own places to chat in the Down Cellar Studio Podcast Ravelry Group.
- There will be challenges and other surprises depending on the number of participants & number of prizes donated.
- Prizes are available just for participating and are all drawn randomly from Ravelry chatter threads & Instagram hashtagged posts.
- The pool is open June 1-July 31
- Feel free to start projects in advance, as Works In Progress (WIPs) will be eligible as long as you finish them between June 1 & July 31
More details will be coming soon! Stay tuned to the Down Cellar Studio Podcast & Ravelry Group for more details.