Thank you for tuning in to Episode 124 of the Down Cellar Studio Podcast. This week’s segments included:
- Off the Needles
- On the Needles
- Crafty Adventures
- Knitting in Passing
- In my Travels
- KAL News
- On a Happy Note
Off the Needles
- I helped my friend Nicki with bind off her MEGAROW shawl (my new shawl design that will be published soon). She taught me how to use a crochet hook as your right needle when doing a bind off it! It was so much fun, I did most of the bind off for her.
- Here’s a link for a tutorial that looks similar to what she taught me.
On the Needles
- Yarn: Socks that Rock Lightweight in the Sugar Plum Fairy Dust Colorway
- Needles: US 1.5 (2.5 mm)
- Pattern: FLK Heel
- 3 more under way: 5 of 6 pieces done. Really thought all 6 were done until I went to block.
- Pattern: Granny Square Christmas Stockings from Family Circle Magazine 1977
- Yarn: Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Red, Everglade Heather and White
- Hook: F (3.75 mm)
- Yarn: Leftovers of black, white, gray, orange, yellow, tan
- Needles: US 1.5 (2.5 mm)
- Pattern: OMG Heel by Megan Williams
- Yarn: Andre Sue Sock Blank
- Needles: US 1 (2 mm)
- Pattern: TBD
- Started before 2016 rhinebeck. Didn’t fit so I ripped back and brought it with me this year. I am using 64 stitches on US 1 seems to work best for me for sock blanks.
- Yarn: Switzer’s Fiber Mill (unknown base/length skeins)
- Needles: US 7 & US 9
- Pattern: Worsted Boxy by Joji Locatelli
- Aila Giraffe= done
- Millie: Elephant and Pig for Millie (she also wants a person)
- Emelyn: sheep
- Riley- not sure what she wants- I made her legwarmers already
- Will, Oisin, Garret- Star Wars guys (Garret also wants more Ninjas so I may do one or two of those if time allows.) Patterns from: Star Wars Even More Crochet
- Poppy Hats for Ella and Carina
Mom, Megg and I finished up Emelyn’s Marie Antoinette Costume so we shared more about the process. We were all so thrilled with the results- especially Eme!
Knitting in Passing
Tune in to hear about some funny reactions I’ve gotten when knitting in public.
In My Travels
What I bought:
- Click here to find about more about this KAL.
- Check out: Chat Thread & FO Thread
- Finish 1 project during each/all of the 12 months of 2017 that you plan to gift for the 2017 holidays. Post 1 item (max) per month of the year. Prizes will be drawn randomly throughout the year from all posts in the FO thread.
- Declare a WIP from the 1st Quarter of 2017 or earlier within the first 5 days of the month, posting a photo of it in the thread. Finish the project by the end of the month, update your post with your FO photo and you’ll be eligible to win a Ravelry downloadable pattern of your choosing up to $8.
Pigskin Party KAL
- Wondering what this crazy KAL is? Check out this page which gives you the best overview with all necessary links. There’s also a helpful “Start Here” Thread in the Ravelry Group
- Check out the Rules but if you still have questions, come over to the Questions thread and ask. We’re happy to help.
- Put your Name on the Roster then claim your spot in the End Zone Dance Thread where you’ll track your points.
- For every 100 points, you’ll earn an entry into the drawing for the Grand Prizes
- Continue to update this with all of the points you earn during the KAL
- Check out our amazing Sponsors; if you use their products, you’ll earn more points per FO
- Some of our Pro Shop Level Sponsors will be creating exclusive items for Pigskin Party participants. They may come out at different times and will likely be limited in quantities, so keep your eyes on this Exclusive Items thread in the group for all the latest news
- Scope out the prizes! Some will be given out during the KAL; some will be part of the Grand Prizes.
- Don’t forget to use #DCSPigskinParty17 on Instagram so we check out what you’re doing and you can be eligible for participation prizes.
Thank you to our Pro Shop Sponsors!
Key Details Mentioned in this Episode:
November 4 + 5; 9a-5; 9a-3p
I won’t be able to attend.
Vogue Knitting Live NYC: January 12-14, 2018
- I’ll be taking three classes
- Off the Charts: Master Using and Creating Charts with Tin Can Knits-Friday 1/12 at 9a
- Grab Bag of Easy and Impressive Lace Stitch Patterns-Sat 1/13 at 2p
- Shawl Shapes on Sunday 1/14 at 9a
On a Happy Note
- I’m loving that the InaSknit Podcast has converted from video to audio. Head on over to Kristi’s website and download an episode today!
- Photo shoot with Emily. Tune in to the end for audio that Riley and Millie asked to record
- Halloween! Mom is surprising Millie who said she should be Luna girl (to Millie’s Owelette)
- Mom’s eBay store is so busy she’s looking for help with listing. If you’re looking to earn money on commission, email her at shopcreationsunlimited at gmail dot com