Thanks for tuning in to Episode 14
On the Needles
Off the Needles
- I’m super excited to yarn bomb my car for Rhinebeck!
- Do your have any old swatches you want to destash? Or old projects you don’t have the heart to frog send it along? Email me- email@example.com
From the Armchair
- This week I reviewed the eBook version of Shaping Shawls by Anna Dalvi which you can at the website for Cooperative Press.
- My thoughts:
- Great presentation of shawls. Crisp photography.
- 10 patterns – complicated lace which is gorgeous! Nearly all charted instructions.
- Great resource if you’d like to design your own shawl
- My favorite pattern in the book (or at least the one I’m most likely to knit is the Tidal Waves shawl.
I have an eBook copy of Shaping Shawls to give to one of you, courtesy of Cooperative Press!
To be entered to win, simply come over to the Down Cellar Studio group on Ravelry, make sure you join and comment on the Episode 14 Contest thread. Deadline for entry is 12 noon (EST) on Thursday September 20th.
Down Cellar Studio Holiday Knit-a-Long
Please considering joining for the first ever Down Cellar Studio Knit-a-Long!
What to do to play along?
Start knitting a holiday gift for anyone you love. Chat about it on the forum (links below). Post your finished object and you’ll be entered to win a prize!
We’ll run two sections of the KAL
1. Objects started on/after September 1st and finished by October 31st.
2. Objected started on/after November 1st and finished by December 31st.
Prizes be awarded by choosing using Random Number Generator at the end of each KAL. Prize details to be announced on upcoming episodes.
Click here to start chatting about your ideas for holiday knitting.
Click here for the link to the September/October Finished Objects Thread.
Other local Eastern US Events:
- Slow Cloth Talk– September 27th at 7p
- A Talk with Leonore Alaniz, textile artisan who links fiber arts to the Slow Food–Slow Living movement.
- Greater Boston Yarn Crawl– September 28-30th
- Stitches East– October 11-14
- NY Sheep and Wool in Rhinebeck – October 20 & 21st
- I’ve started a chat thread in the DCS Ravelry Group Forum- if you’re going to Rhinebeck, please stop by that thread and let’s chat! I’m so excited and want to start living a little bit of the experience early!
- Searchable list of vendors is now available!
- Fiber Festival of New England– November 3rd & 4th
- The coming of fall is making me extremely happy.
- If you’re local, check out the apple picking and other fall goodness at AppleCrest farm in Hampton Falls, NH
- Watching Videocasts (on my iPad)
- Thank you to Emily of Whatcha Swatchin for the Shout out on Episode 33 of her show!
Thanks again to my Mom for joining me this week. Here are the links to the things we talked about!
- Nifty Nines Sewing Pattern
- Joann Pattern- Take-a-long Tote Pattern
- Omni Edge Ruler
- Dritz Quilting Slip n Grip (adhesive dots to put your ruler so it doesn’t move)
- Binding Tutorial- a great resource! Be sure to watch the video. Towards the bottom of the same page is how to bias cut your binding to make it long enough to wrap around your piece.