Thanks for listening to Episode 16! I was so happy to have Ryan and Kim join me for a couple segments on this episode!
On the Needles
Milk Run Shawl– on hold right now after Kim found 1 extra stitch on one side. Its in time out for now.
Color Affection Shawl: finally in section 3!
Used Cat Bordhi’s YouTube video on short rows to help get me started.
Puffy Basketweave Baby Blanket
Continuing work on her first hat which is a pattern she’s improvising on her own.
Off the Needles
Natural Cables Throw– check out Kim’s FO photo. This afghan is beautiful!
2 Bow Headbands- free pattern by Beth Postelwait.
Version 1: sky blue
Version 2: purple notes on pattern page to indicate mods to make this child’s size.
Odd Ends Cuff– free pattern by Carina Spencer
Great first project if you want to learn: i-cord cast on, mattress stitch, linen stitch.
Finished washcloth #7
In My Travels
Kim, Ryan and I talked about our adventures during the Greater Boston Yarn Crawl on Friday 9/28/12
First stop: JP Stitch & Knit
- Jen bought some Cascade 220 Superwash. Ryan bought some gorgeous fabric remnants
- We met Virginia Fitzgerald– fiber artist- who was absolutely lovely! All three of us did some stitches on her current fiber art.
- Jen bought:Mirasol Yarn2 skeins each- pink, orange, turquoise, lime and off-white3 Amy Butler fabric remnants, a shawl pin, some wooden buttons and free sewing magazines
- Ryan & Kim bought: Classic Elite Yarns- Mountain Top Chalet in kit containing multiple colors to make the Coors Cowl, a pattern supplied by the Stitch House
- Kim: 3 skeins of Malabrigo to make a cowl
- Ryan: Amy Butler fabric remnants
- Neighborly vest (stripy this time)
- Stripy legwarmers like these ones
- One Skein Boot Toppers (thanks to Robin from our group who posted hers in the Holiday KAL FO thread!) Love these.
From the Armchair
- I’ve been listening to the Robinznest podcast hosted by Robin, a member of the Down Cellar Studio Ravelry Group. Link: Robinznest Knits Blog
- And I’ve enjoyed watching Craft Stash with Kim C. I’m really enjoying Kim’s show! (Thank you to Kim for creating a new logo for the Down Cellar Studio Podcast!)
Life in Focus
- This week I talked about ideas for an engagement photo shoot. Notes on this segment and more photo examples coming in a separate post.
- The first ever Down Cellar Studio Knit-a-Long is in progress! 32 finished objects when last I checked! You guys are just rocking this. Keep up the great work!
- Upcoming Local Events:
- Stitches East– October 11-14
- NY Sheep and Wool in Rhinebeck – October 20 & 21st
- Podcaster Meet-up is official. We’ll be meeting up on Saturday at 1p on the Hill near the entrance where the Ravelry Meet-up is usually held.
- Feel free to come and say hi. I’ve ordered buttons with the new show logo so if you see me anywhere at Rhinebeck, ask for a button!
Work in the studio continues. Dan and I picked out marine plywood to use for my counter tops. Dan made the cuts and put the counter in place. It still needs to be sanded, stained and sealed.
On a Happy Note
- I started teaching my best friend Kris to knit! She’s cast on and done the knit stitch, and she’s a pro! So happy to share one of my favorite crafts with my very best friend!
Thanks to all of those who have contacted me and a special thanks to all of you who have left iTunes reviews in the last month!
I’ll be back in 2 weeks.
Feel free to contact me in the meantime: