Thanks for tuning into Episode 17
This Week’s Segments Included:
- On the Needles
- Off the Needles
- From the Armchair
- Crafty Adventures
- On a Happy Note
- Knitting in Passing
- Quote of the Week
On the Needles
- Color Affection Shawl
Off the Needles
- Basic Cuff up Mittens – free pattern by Patti Pierce Stone
- Peeta: free garter stitch, short row shawl pattern- mixes worsted and fingering weight yarns on size 8s
- Tony the monster from the book More KnitWits which I got from the library. The pattern is by Katie Boyette. Shown in blue and black stripes. Super cute. I can see my nephews liking him.
- Boot Toppers- I’m contemplating just creating my own pattern. I figure I’ll measure the circumference of my upper calf, do a gauge swatch, and then just whip together a very basic ribbed and cabled pattern.
From the Armchair
- Urban Forest Knits
- 5 pattern collection in eBook by Judy Marples
- Definitely take a look at this pattern collection! It would be a great addition to your library.
- Don’t forget that this eBook is one of the prizes available for the Sept/Oct section of our holiday KAL
- Dishcloth Diva byDeb Buckingham
- This book features 20 patterns. I mentioned a few of my favorites. Well worth a look. Dishcloths are quick easy knit, would be great for some holiday gift sets, and are a great palette cleanser!
- This is available as an ebook through Cooperative Press for $9.95 US or you can get the book and ebook versions together for $15.95 plus shipping.
- The first ever Down Cellar Studio Knit-a-Long is in progress! We are up to 42 finished objects entered in Round 1 so far! Nearing the end of Round 1 so get those projects finished and entered before October 31st.
- We have two Rounds of the KAL
- Objects started on/after September 1st and finished by October 31st.
- Objected started on/after November 1st and finished by December 31st.
- Prizes be awarded by choosing using Random Number Generator at the end of each KAL.
- Two prizes to announce so far for Round 1
- OhLoops Skein of Yarn
- Urban Forest Knits eBookprovided by Judy Marples. 5 pattern ebook with gorgeous patterns, which I will review on next week’s show. Will link to the ebook in the show notes, so check it out before then! Great patterns. I’m already itching to cast one on!
- Two prizes to announce so far for Round 2
NY Sheep and Wool in Rhinebeck – October 20 & 21st · Podcaster Meet-up: Saturday at 1p on the Hill near the entrance in the same spot as the Ravelry Meet-up which will be from 12p-1p.
Maria- Subway Knits Podcast Kristin- Yarngasm Podcast Sharon- TVKnitting Podcast Jen- Commuter Knitter Podcast Jen- Down Cellar Studio Podcast Karrie – Knit Purl Gurl Podcast Lori- Happy Crafter 207 Podcast Ellen and Jan from the TwinSet Design Podcast Tammy- The Proverbial Knitter Allison- Hollywood Knitter Podcast Laura- Apocalyptic Diner Podcast Emily from Watcha Swatchin Videocast Carin- Round the Twist Videocast Laura & Leslie- Knit Girllls Videocast Kim- Craft Stash Videocast Diane- Knitabulls Videocast Aimee and Darren- Knitting in Circles Videocast Amy & Megan- Stockinette Zombies Videocast Jadee- Twisted Strands Videocast Tina- Knitting Blooms Videocast Carolyn- Girlfriends Knitting Videocast Lisa- 90% Knitting Videocast Kari & Sue- Two Tangled Skeins Videocast Wendy & Sheila- Knit1HeartToo Videocast Vicki- DragonflySoars Videocast Kathryn & Michelle- 3 Stitches Videocast Julia- Sticks & Stones Videocast Melissa & Shawn- His & Hers Videocast Stephanie- Knitting Samurai Plus 1 Videocast Nicholette- 20 Minute Thrifty Knitter Videocast My podcast buttons came in the mail. I ordered them from Tiny Peach Buttons on Etsy- super reasonably priced and I love how they came out, so check out that seller if you’re in the market for some pins. Crafty Adventures
- Last Saturday was woodchopping weekend at my house!
- Boys- chop wood
- Girls- made some food, sewing and knitting by the fire inside.
- Fabric Pumpkin Tutorial
On a Happy Note
- Fitting into smaller jeans (2 sizes smaller!) Hooray!
Quote of the Week
- Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.-George Eliot
I’ll be back again in 2 weeks- but in the meantime, feel free to reach out to me!