This Week’s Segments Included:
- Off the Needles
- On the Needles
- Life in Focus
- From the Armchair
- Out and About
- Close Knit Family
- On a Happy Note
Off the Needles
- Thinking of joining Stash Dash. Summer challenge hosted by the Knit Girllls. Are you participating? Let’s chat about it!
This week’s focus: tips on photographing FOs, particularly shawls. Some Basics:
- Get outside
- Avoid the 10a-2p timeframe. While natural light is great, full sun casts lots of shadows and makes things really difficult.
- Try putting your shawl/scarf on a hanger and hanging it from a tree or other available spot (fence, trelice etc)
- Check for harsh shadows coming across or distracting backgrounds.
- Position your object off center; it will be more visually pleasing.
- Camera modes: portrait, AV More with an f-stop around 2.3 or 4.0
- 2 skeins Frog Tree Pediboo: sport weight 80% merino 20% bamboo in turquoise $9.60 each
- 2 skeins of Malibrigo Sock $12 each: Velvet Grapes and Fresco y Seco
- Louet Gems Fingering Weight yarn 50 gram skeins 100% merino $2.50 each
Prizes [more to come]
a skein of Neighborhood Fiber Company Studio Sock (in winner’s choice of color ways)
the InfiniTAM pattern by Deborah Tomasello
This segment features audio from my niece, Emelyn, and me during our trip to the NH Sheep & Wool Festival
I bought 1 skein of yarn: Ball and Skein Sophia (merino, cashmere, nylon) in the Bittersweet Colorway.
- Sale of Tan House Brook is going well. Thank you for all of the love and and support!
- Finally get some nice weather here!
- 3 day weekend next weekend!
- Bullet Journaling is still going really well. Glad to see some of you have been inspired by this!
- Thank you to the Knit Girllls for their shout out for my show on their most recent podcast.