Thank you for tuning in! To listen via libsyn click here.
This Week’s Segments Included:
- Off the Needles
- On the Needle
- From the Armchair
- In my Travels
- Crafty Adventures
- On a Happy Note
Off the Needles
- Pattern and book by Katya Frankel from the Head to Toe: Kids’ Knit Accessories Book that I reviewed in Episode 38
- Calls for Aran weight and US 6 (4.0 mm) needles. I used Cascade 220 Superwash in the Mystic Purple Colorway. I still used US 6 needles. Followed directions for the 18” circumference.
On the Needles
- Yarn: Lotus Yarns Silky Cashmere Fingering 400 yards of 55% silk, 45% Mongolian Cashmere in a very light tan color (#16)
- US 5 needles
- Pattern: new design not yet release
From the Armchair
The Killing (tv show), particularly Seasons 1 & 2. Both available on Netflix.
Hell on Wheels (tv show still running on AMC). Just returned with Season 4 this week.
Michelle from Actually Knitting Podcast is running an interesting KAL right now called a PAL KAL. A podcast-a-long knit-a-long. It runs July 1 -Sept 1. Rules: The design, yarn or fiber must be from a knitting/crochet/fiber podcaster. (Not all 3, just one of those to qualify). For more details, check out the Actually Knitting Podcast Group.
Contest: Put in your name to be entered to win an eBook copy of Knits that Breathe: 12 Breezy Projects to Keep you Cool by Julie Turjoman.
Check out the thread in the Down Cellar Studio Ravelry Group to enter.
I’ll be attending Stitches Midwest August 7-10 in Shaumburg, IL
In my Travels
Prep for Stitches Midwest: Check out this post for my tips on how to be prepared to fully enjoy Stitches Midwest or your next fibery adventure!
If you’re here perhaps you’ve heard that my latest crafty adventure was building this new website. I hope you’ll like it over here! My goal is to have blog posts 5 days a week with a mix of crafty and lifestyle content.
I would LOVE to hear what YOU want to hear and see from me. If you could take less than 5 minutes to complete this survey, I’ll do my best to include the things you’re interested in
On a Happy Note
- Couch to 5k Running Progress: I’m currently on Week 6
- I caught a One Twisted Tree Update- Danie from Prairie Girls Knit and Spin Podcast.
- I have some new iTunes reviews from the month of July. Thank you to BlueJeep & Tatooedcat!
THANK YOU for listening!
If you enjoyed this show or learned something from me today, I’d ask to you to please take a moment of your time to leave a star rating or quick review on iTunes to help others find the show too!
Talk to you soon!