- Off the Needles
- On the Needles
- From the Armchair
- Contest, News and Notes
- In My Travels
- On a Happy Note
Off the Needles
- Pattern: None
- Yarn: Forbidden Fleece Skwishee base King’s Rose Colorway
- Needles: US 2
- Cast on 56 stitches, 2×2 ribbing and then plain stockinette (knit every round) for a total of 15.5 inches
- Pattern: Mary, Millie & Morgan – ebook by Susan B Anderson $12.00
- Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash Sport
- Needles: US 3- 3.25mm
- Yarn: Self Striping from Stacie of Must Stash Yarn– grays with dark gray rainbow stripes! Love colors
- Needles: US 1.5 (2.5mm)
- Pattern: OMG Heel socks by Megan Williams
On the Needles
Check out the kit on their website. It includes a size 4 / 3.5 mm x 80 cm bamboo circular needle, two-color pattern-marking pencil, metal stitch markers in three colors, a yarn needle, a kilt pin, a printed pattern, and three treasure cakes – one in Nova, one in Terra, and one in Dusk – 630 yards in all. Shipping to the U.S. and China is free! Kits are only $55!
From the Armchair
- Knit from my well curated stash:
- Start of year- 96 skeins in Stash.
- As of Episode 63- used up 8 from stash and 4 new skeins
- Use #Stashdownthrowdown on InstaGram if you want to play along
- Challenge myself more: no update
- Publish at least 2 if not more patterns in 2015 & actively work on designs every week.
- I am actively working on a new design that I’m excited to share soon!
- Knit for me (meaning knit at least 10 more things): to date I have knit 3 hats + 2 pair of socks= 5 items for me!
- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
- Almost Moon by Alice Sebold
- Bossypants by Tina Fey
- Overdrive app makes it easy!
- Currently reading: Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She’s “Learned” by Lena Dunham
Goal: Use as much leftover/ scrap yarn as you can during this time. Only scrap/ partial skein yardage counts.
Along with your Cast-On post must be a photo of the leftover/scrap yarns you will be using. You will keep one continual post through the KAL – updating with each new project and keeping track of total leftover / scrap yardage used.
We have opened a Chat Thread in Ravelry forum to discuss about project ideas. In Lisa’s first post I’ve linked to a number of different patterns that will work well for scraps. If you have other ideas, come chat in the thread and I’ll keep adding to the list.
Contest News and Notes
In my Travels
On a Happy Note
- Getting away from all this snow for vacation!
- Taking my niece Millie to Frozen on Ice for her birthday
- Started watching Better Call Saul- Breaking Bad spinoff prequel. Really enjoying it
- Levenger notebook system
- Thank you for the new iTunes reviews from Myguysgirl & Heathermml, Mfleshman!!