Thanks for tuning in to Episode 74! This week’s segments included:
- Off the Needles
- On the Needles
- From the Armchair
- Crafty Adventures
- Knitting in Passing
- On a Happy Note
- Ask Me Stuff
- Pigskin Party KAL
Off the Needles
- Yarn: Freia Handpaints Fingering & Mad Color Fiber Arts
- Needles: US 7
- I added keyhole to this one because I always wear them bandana style and that helps it stay in place nicely.
- Thank you to my test knitters who are going like gangbusters on both versions!
- I blocked this using Knitter’s Pride Blocking Wires
- Yarn: One Twisted Tree Prime Variegated Twist in Late Night Lite Brite Colorway
- Needles: US 1.5 (2.5 mm)
- Pattern: OMG Heel Socks by Megan Williams
- Pattern: Owl to Egg Reversible Toy by Susan B Anderson
- US 4 Needle- 3.5mm needles
- All leftover yarn.
- This will be a Christmas Gift for my niece Emelyn
- I added tag for my projects christmas2015 and then created a set to show those projects. 8 in there so far! Not too shabby for gift knitting without a concerted effort
- Going to make another and swap out head/body to make it an alien for Emelyn’s brother Oisin.
On The Needles
- Pattern I’m making up.
- US 7 (4.5mm) needles
- Oh Loops Platinum Sock- Voyage Colorway- blue
- Cascade Heritage Silk- White
- Two Guys Yarn Co- The Standard in Sock base in Summer Solstice Colorway- purple
- Pattern: Crochet Giraffe by Emma Dent
- Hook: C 2.75mm
- Yarn: Cascade 220 SW in various colors
- I suggested a blog post that has a tutorial on how to do the color change differently but it was unavailable for most of the past couple weeks. It seems to be working now, thankfully.
- Yarn: Mia Bella
- Disco Diva Base- Merino, Nylon Stellina mix. SUPER SOFT even with a good bit of sparkle.
- No pattern: Detailed notes in my project page.
- Yarn: Sun Valley Fibers MCN Fingering in Woodland Friends Colorway
- Needles: US 1.5 (2.5mm)
- Pattern: OMG Heel by Megan Williams
From the Armchair
Here’s a little tour I posted to YouTube
Knitting in Passing
- Dan’s Aunt Nancy made my Tan House Brook Shawl! I was so touched!
Prize winners for Trickle Contest announced
On a Happy Note
- I shared my favorite Black Bean Burger Recipe from Pioneer Woman
- I make some modifications- I sauté the onions with red peppers first before adding to mixture. I heat the beans before I mash them. I usually add Cumin to make them a little smokey. Sometimes I’ll mash up a cooked sweet potato or add quinoa. Last time I added BBQ sauce and shredded cheese inside. I use less breadcrumbs than called for– basically just want a texture that stays together.
- My friend Devon is off on an around the world adventure! If you’re curious to follow her, you can find her on her website: WhatDevonDiscovered or on Instagram
Ask Me Stuff
This week I answered questions from purplepollypocket & yarning4asmile re: learning new techniques and whether I have a favorite skein of yarn.
What is the Pigskin Party KAL? For details, check out the rules page.
- Welcome to all of our new players!
- Don’t forget that most winners are announced on the podcast so be sure to tune in.
- We have a September Interception going on.
- There is always a separate thread for each Interception (generally around 1 per month).
- Enter for points in the End Zone Dance thread.
- But this year you can also enter your Interception FO in an Interception FO Thread to be entered to win a prize.
- Monday night Bingo with Lisa will be starting this Monday 9/21. Check out this thread for details.
- If you’re curious to see what’s going on- check out the Stats thread
- Check out the first Winner Take All Challenge
- I will be cutting off sponsor donations on Friday 9/25. On the next podcast I’ll be sharing the details of the prizes donated. I will also compile the list of sponsors, links and overview of their shop in a Google Doc which I’ll make available to everyone to have for reference
Thank you to our Headline Sponsors!
Designer Sponsors- link to a bundle I created that links you to all sponsor patterns
- Kino Knits
- MediaPeruana Designs
- Brenda Castiel Designs
- Sarah Shoo
- Paula Emons-Fuessle
- Pearl of the Pacific
- Noel Margaret
- Just Run Knit
- Jennifer Lassonde Designs
- LaLa’s Knits
- Lydia Brown
- Knitty kitty Bags
- The Little Mount Yarn Co.
- Jan B Smiley
- The Tangled Skein CA
- Sarah’s Cotton Patch
- Kitchen Counter Crafter
Coupon Codes are listed in the Down Cellar Studio Ravelry Board
Thanks for tuning in!